Tournament Reminder and Rules of Golf
SOME REMINDERS FOR THE NINER’S TOURNAMENT
- Be ready to tee off on time. Be sure to have at least 2 balls marked with your ID.
- Please turn off your cell phones.
- Exchange score cards at the first hole. You can keep your own score at the top of the card.
- No gimmies – sink all putts.
- As you finish each hole, verify your score.
- Be sure to sign, date, and attest score cards before turning them in at the registration table.
- There is a limit of 3 minutes to search for a lost ball.
- When measuring for a drop, use your longest club (no putters). Drop from knee height.
- Hitting the wrong ball is a 2 stroke penalty. Both balls must be replaced and hit again.
- Loose impediments may be removed from penalty areas or bunkers.
- A hazard drop zone may only be used if the ball is in the hazard. 1 stroke penalty.
- Free relief is allowed if a ball is a concrete drainage ditch. 1 club length, no closer to the hole.
- Hitting an opponent’s ball when putting on the green is a 2 stroke penalty. If, after being asked to mark their ball, the opponent chooses not to do so, they receive the 2 stroke penalty.
- Whiffs count as a stroke.
There was some confusion about some rules last week. The tournament is played under USGA rules. All players should have the small yellow rule book and the laminated abridged rule sheet with them for quick reference if needed.